Sunday, October 2, 2011

9 months old

Today, my baby girl is 9 months old. We started the morning at about 5 AM...and since my baby girl is a little under the weather, she spent the day clingy and crying every time I left her sight. Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa were visiting this weekend so it made it a little easier to distract her so I could get something to eat.

What i've learned this week:
-Everything tastes better with yogurt mixed into it (example: cereal, macaroni, and even spaghetti)
-My baby has learned how to blow snot bubbles and she giggles like mad every time it happens
-Sophie loves to go down the slide...in fact, I think I might have inadvertently created a monster
-I know a fantastically crazy amount of Disney songs
-LOST is an exceedingly confusing show and i'm more then confused only 3 episodes into it.
-I'm addicted to Hawaii 5-0 and am literally squealing that it's on again tomorrow.
-While LOST is confusing, Jack and Sawyer are hot enough to make up for it.

What i'm grateful for:
-I'm grateful to be healthy today. Luis has come down with a flu-like bug, and Sophie is sick with sniffles so that leaves me to take care of things around here for now.
-I'm grateful for my parents. Without them, I honestly don't know what I would do.
-I'm grateful that it's cold...because that forces all of us to stay inside and together.

I never expected to be celebrating my baby's 9 month birthday while it's cold and wet and rainy outside. Hell, I never really expected to be celebrating a birthday other then my own or Luis' for a long time. Sophie came to us as an unexpected surprise, but a marvelous blessing at the same time. I feel so incredibly lucky that i'm well enough to enjoy every day with her regardless of whether it's 5 minutes in the morning feeding her or a whole Sunday like today.

1 comment:

  1. she is so cute!
    i cant beleive our babies are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete